SAN FRANCISCO, July 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ –
WHAT: Every year in America, $1 billion is spent on wedding day transportation and the average bride spends $500 on transportation for her big day,(1) which translates into big business for car service operators. According to the National Limousine Association, 15-30% of limo and town car services are being run illegally in the U.S., putting passenger safety and comfort at risk.
* Unlicensed limo and town car operators often are not properly trained to operate and maintain these specialty vehicles, which poses a threat to all people on the road and jeopardizes the quality of the vehicle both inside and out.
* Illegally run companies most likely don’t have insurance to cover accident-related costs.
* The percentage of weddings serving alcohol has doubled since 2009, with 92% of weddings having some type of bar or cocktails.(2) Hosts can prevent alcohol-related accidents and fatalities by providing chauffeured transportation for guests at all wedding-related events.
WHEN: July through September, three of the busiest months for weddings.
WHERE: New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles for in-person interviews.
* T.J. Clark, Limos.com CEO, is available to discuss these tips, as well as how illegal drivers continue to operate and the tactics they use to get business. Attached at the end is a link which illustrates how knowledgeable, experienced, and comfortable T.J. is on camera.
* NY, SF and LA-based consumers who have had their wedding day or other major special occasion ruined by a limousine company. They are available for in-studio interviews on short notice.
T.J. Clark, Limos.com CEO, is a respected Silicon Valley entrepreneur and recently received $10 million in funding for Limos.com. Mr. Clark was a founding team member of Hotwire.com, which became the fourth-ranked U.S. online travel company within two years of operations. Formerly Mr. Clark was a trial attorney in Chicago, most recently at Lord, Bissell & Brook. He holds a JD from Loyola Chicago School of Law and a BS from Notre Dame. T.J. is an experienced TV interviewee and extremely good on camera, as well as live. He is based in San Francisco but available to travel anywhere in the U.S. on short notice.
Mr. Clark’s recent interviews can be viewed here:
Limos.com is the world’s largest online marketplace for chauffeured transportation. With over 10,000 licensed and insured drivers worldwide, Limos.com has a car and driver in every corner of the globe. Specially negotiated rates provide consumers with discounts of up to 40% off standard prices.
1 – The Wedding Report 2010, http://www.theweddingreport.com
2 – http://www.WeddingIndustryStatistics.com, June 2011
Contact: Elizabeth Keiger
Limos.com Corporate Communications